We are seeking an experienced Network Engineer with a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. A self-starter able to work under pressure, and independently under limited guidance but comfortable working in a team environment.
You will be a key member of a small team responsible for overseeing a number of critical network migration projects and supporting upcoming Electoral events. You will also be utilising your IT and engineering skills to undertake routine hardware, software and network maintenance, and contribute to the performance of the team to enhance processes and by liaising with other IT teams and vendors.
Experience in administrating multi-factor authentication appliances, patching Linux systems (Red Hat and CentOS), managing LAMP systems and remote access services would be an advantage.
Estimated start date 1-07-2020
Location of work Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract 6 Months
Contract extensions 1 or more extension periods of 6 months each
Security clearance Ability to obtain negative vetting level 1 clearance
- In depth knowledge of network protocols and ability to use performance monitoring tools.
- Strong understanding of switch, router and firewall hardware and ability to configure using both copper and fibre technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to allow for effective liaison with colleagues, management, vendors (product support and procurement) and end users.
- Ability to develop strong internal and external working relationships to facilitate collaboration, clear lines of communication and to deliver on AEC's strategic objectives.
- Experience with OSPF, BGP, Spanning Tree, VLANs, VRRP and IPSec protocols.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation using attention to detail, such as creating project plans, bill of materials, and technical manuals and process documents.
- AEC employees must be Australian citizens.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain a character clearance.
- Any person who is, and seen to be active in political affairs, and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict neutrality of the AEC and cannot be considered.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain the security clearance required for this role.
- Experience with configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware and software based load balancers
- Ability to administer multi-factor authentication systems.
- Experience managing network support and monitoring systems running within a Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP/Perl (LAMP) environment.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Anthony Moore on 02 9492 7508 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AM
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.