We are currently recruiting for a Business Operations Manager; this person will be responsible for setting up and managing all operational aspects of our client's Australian business. Operations enables the day to day activities of the entire business across all projects and is critical in delivering success to all parts of the business. The role requires the hands-on management of all operations including; Work Health and Safety, Environmental, Information and Communications Technology, Security, Quality, Facilities, Supply Chain and Production.
This role is of pivotal importance and is the cornerstone and critical enabler of all business activities. You will be someone who is experienced in Business Operations, both day-to-day and establishing processes and policies. Manufacturing/engineering background is not essential.
Your primary duties will be:
- Implement and maintain the Work, Health and Safety policy and processes to ensure the client operates within the Australian and Victorian legislation and that the client provides a safe and healthy workplace for all staff and contractors
- Implement and maintain the environmental policy and processes to ensure the client operates within the Australian and Victorian legislation and that the client acts in an environmentally responsible manner
- Manage and develop the Quality Management System overseeing its development, implementation, certification and operation. This includes regular internal and external audits of the system
- Manage the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) systems and ensure that staff have the required technology and communications tool to enable effective conduct of their roles. Performance monitoring and continuous improvement of ICT is essential
- Implement and maintain the Security policy, process and systems and achieve DISP accreditation
- Manage all facilities and conduct research, planning and design of future facilities. Once establish will coordinate all fit outs, modifications and maintenance activities related to the facilities
- Working with the AIC team to develop and manage the supply chain supporting key programs
- Undertake planning for future production activities
- Working with the HR Manager to develop and manage the workforce planning
- Working with the Finance Manager to manager the Opex/Capex budget for all the functions within the Operations department
- Provide regular progress/status reports on Operations including key performance metrics for each function. Participate in executive monthly progress/status review meetings
- Engage with the key business stakeholders to ensure that operations are providing the required enabling functions
You will have:
- Minimum 5 years in similar level role
- Minimum 10 years Operations Management
- Experience in Defence sector desirable but not essential
- An engineering/manufacturing background is not essential for this role. This is a business functional role only.
- Be an Australian citizen eligible to obtain a Defence security clearance
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or equivalent
- Post graduate qualifications in Business Management highly desirable
Kinexus is Australia's Leading Supplier of recruitment solutions to the Defence Industry.
This role is moving forward amidst the current COVID-19 situation. Our forward-thinking clients still need to deliver capability now and in the future, therefore, have modified their hiring, on-boarding and initial working processes to support new people joining their business while keeping current and future employees safe.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Sophie Richards on 03 9982 0304 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.