Working within the innovative R&D space, this is a great opportunity to progress your technical career and drive electronics development activities. Play a crucial role in the development of new R&D projects within the medical market. Drive the technical development and make crucial design decisions. Oversee and lead a team of engineers to develop new products.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reporting to the Executive team, you will be responsible for managing the electronics team through designing, building, and testing solutions. You will ensure best practice electronics designs within the system architecture and drive business objectives and customer requirements for particular market segments like medical, defence, automotive and consumer products.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Considered an innovator in the R&D space for medical and biomedical markets, our client drives change and real advancement in the healthcare industry. If you are a senior engineer with extensive experience in medical, electronics, defence or automotive industries and you are looking to take the next step in your career and drive product development, this is the opportunity for you!
- Provide innovative ideas and technical input for electronics and system design through all development phases.
- Assist in establishing realistic development schedules and resource requirements including necessary skills, equipment and development tools, PCB manufacturing, components, and test facilities costs. Quote hardware efforts during planning phase.
- Manage and oversee electronics engineers to ensure appropriate implementation of electronics architecture and best practice. Provide guidance, mentoring and knowledge-sharing for other engineers. Provide input for performance reviews of the engineers.
- Prepare and review design documentation in accordance with department procedures and instructions, including requirements specification, system architecture, detailed design, testing and user documentation.
- Take ownership of specific detailed engineering design in key areas of technical risk. Manage bring-up and specify test activities to ensure system performance.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing establishment, including contract manufacture support, tooling development, part inspections and BOM creation, update, and transfer of ownership to Production Manager for manufacture.
- Accurately record and document all design calculations, test results, etc. in an appropriate form to enable design traceability, approval, and control.
- Provide regular reports to Project Managers relating to task progress, issues encountered, and solutions proposed, and required clarifications of time or scope expectations.
SKILLS & EXPERINECE NEEDED
- Extensive (10+years) experience in the design and manufacturing of a range of mobile, medical, automotive, defence and/or consumer products.
- System requirements definition, system architecture definition and system testing design and implementation experience.
- Prior experience in the development of electronics and environmental validation tests with oversight of testing and report generation.
- Analogue and digital design of microprocessor-based products.
- Supplier management experience with excellent communication skills.
- Configuration management experience.
- ISO 9001 quality system, ISO 13485 medical devices exposure would be an advantage.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Make meaningful design decisions and drive product development activities.
- Lead a diverse and multitalented team of engineers from various engineering disciplines.
- Provide technical guidance and lead technical R&D activities.
- Work with an innovative and progressive R&D company working in the medical space.
Kinexus is a recruitment partner to the Engineering Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Steve Hutcheson on 03 9982 0313 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-SH
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.