We are working on a Project Cost Controller for a key defence maritime organisation here in Sydney. This role will setup the cost report for the company and demonstrate financial status of projects via integration of scope, budgets, purchase orders and billing status. The Project Cost Controller will be key in generating cost reports to meet customer and internal operational and financial requirements.
- Document cost report process and data entry requirements.
- Promptly load tasks into cost report upon finalisation of work packages.
- Load budgets from Cost Models into cost report and update changes promptly.
- Investigate cost, purchase orders, budget and invoicing discrepancies. Communicate to applicable personnel for correction where applicable. Reflect updated in cost report.
- Update approved supplier quotes in cost report. Assist with billing and invoice reconciliation.
- Assess quotes against approved budgets and seek additional funding where applicable.
- Forward quotes with applicable task numbers, Sage nominal codes and amounts for each task to ILS for issue of purchase orders.
- Update urgent defects into cost report with applicable data promptly.
- Generate cost report mostly on a weekly basis. This includes integration of Sage purchase orders, COA invoiced details and operational data with reconciliations to improve data integrity.
- Email applicable personnel when cost report is updated stating purchase orders pending/OMS Validation, Sage to cost report reconciliation, project summary and key notes.
- Highlight process and systems flaws to management due to lack of reconciliations, integration, and omissions.
- Train personnel to use cost report in Cost Controller's absence.
- Assist with client queries and reports in absence of Contract Manager.
Ideal Background & Experience:
- Relevant Degree qualified preferred
- Strong communication skills across business internally and with suppliers and client
- Australian citizenship required, with current or ability to obtain a Defence security clearance.
- 5 to 10 years cost controller experience in a diverse range of projects and industries
- Strong excel and ERP skills
- Ability to integrate and reconcile data from various systems
Safety is first and foremost to both Kinexus and our client, and all aspects of recruitment and onboarding are taken very seriously. Due to the current situation there are strict safety protocols in place.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Olimpia Newlove on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-ON
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.