Based in Canberra, our client is seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join dynamic team. The successful candidate will join a tier one consulting group in providing ground-breaking aerospace technology to the Defence and will be working on an exciting and high-profile project. These systems are highly technical in nature incorporating a variety of designed, tested, and manufactured aerospace systems that are designed to carry the attributes required for the end user.
The primary responsibility of this position is the project management of engineering activities including Systems Engineering, Change Management and Production Engineering. As the Project Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of all project management disciplines, including scope management, time management, scheduling, budgeting, and cost management.
- Work with various engineering teams to ensure project outcomes are met
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure project outcomes meet relevant schedule and budget
- Manage scope of work being undertaken
- Provide specialist input into the Operational and Concept Document (OCD)
- Responsible for developing Functional and Performance Specification (FPS)
- Undertake risk analysis ensuring risks are identified, monitored, and mitigated
- Conduct project review meetings and provide reports on project status
- Support the procurement of items required for the engineering project
- Tertiary qualifications in a related engineering discipline (4 year degree)
- Proven experience with project planning tools
- Experience with the full lifecycle of projects from concept through to design
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience working within the CASG framework is highly desirable
- Significant Project Management experience
- Experience working on Defence project will be highly advantageous
- Must be experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
- NV1 security clearance required, NV2 is highly desirable
Due to the nature of the project's applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship and hold a current Defence security clearance. Applicants are also required to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 19 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Toby Wright on 08 7226 6579 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TW
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.