Defence has commenced work on one of the most complex and challenging programs in ADF history, one that seeks to transform the ADF's Integrated Air and Missile Defence (IAMD) capability into a fully networked, fifth-generation force better able to protect its airspace and vital assets from increasingly complex and lethal air and missile threats.
This program seeks to deliver capability to enable a Joint Force that is better able to operate independently and co-operatively. The Program will interconnect many systems and sensors across air, land, sea, and space domains. It will enhance the speed and accuracy of those systems' responses to rapidly advancing air and missile threats by employing a multi-layered System-of-Systems architecture and applying cutting-edge technologies to decision-making (e.g. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning).
Many aspects of the program are developmental in nature with no relevant global exemplars and will place Australia at the very forefront of technological achievement.
The primary responsibility of this position is the project management of engineering activities including Systems Engineering, Change Management and Production Engineering. As the Project Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of all project management disciplines, including scope management, time management, scheduling, budgeting, and cost management.
- Work with various engineering teams to ensure project outcomes are met
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure project outcomes meet relevant schedule and budget
- Manage scope of work being undertaken
- Provide specialist input into the Operational and Concept Document (OCD)
- Responsible for developing Functional and Performance Specification (FPS)
- Undertake risk analysis ensuring risks are identified, monitored, and mitigated
- Conduct project review meetings and provide reports on project status
- Support the procurement of items required for the engineering project
SKILLS & EXPERINECE NEEDED
- Tertiary qualifications in a related engineering discipline (4-year engineering degree)
- Proven experience with project planning tools
- Experience with the full lifecycle of projects from concept through to design
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience working within the CASG framework is highly desirable
- Significant Project Management experience
- Experience working on Defence project will be highly advantageous
- Must be experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
Due to the nature of the project's applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship and hold a current NV1 Defence security clearance. Applicants are also required to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Successful project engineering is critical to the defence of the nation. You will be working with high quality, leading edge technology, and you will be doing things that will help save lives of our warfighters in the field.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Toby Wright on 08 7226 6579 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TW
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.