- Scope out a project for a new high-end Defence product
- Combine your mechanical design experience with your Project Mgt skills
- Canberra based - initial 3-month contract with longer term prospects
Use your mechanical design experience to stand-up a defence manufacturing capability. This project will cover state-of-the-art mechanical systems for military vehicles.
Our client is looking for someone with mechanical design and project management experience for a 3-month contract. This role would suit a degree qualified engineer that has knowledge of the product development lifecycle and the design of mechanical systems. This role is critical for the successful first steps of the project. The ideal contractor will have excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience establishing projects with similar technology.
This is a growing organisation that prides itself on its in-house products and technology. They produce world class technology for the Defence and Government markets from concept, through to R&D and production. Applicants with technical project management experience and the ability to develop a scope of work and then stand up a work package are strongly encouraged to apply.
Develop the following deliverables that will lead into the next phase after project kick-off:
- System Specification (developed in partnership with the customer)
- Develop the Work Breakdown Structure and Project Schedule
- Develop the project budget and proposal for the post kick-off phase of non-recurring engineering (NRE)
- Support the proposal and negotiation of the terms for a Manufacturing Supply Agreement (MSA)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 4-year engineering degree (Mechanical, Manufacturing, or similar)
- Traceable history in Project Management
- Proven experience in the design of mechanical systems
- Previous ability to create and scope work with no baselines
- Experience developing work breakdown structures
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- You MUST be an Australian Citizen
- NV1 security clearance highly regarded
This opportunity has potential for extension based on your initial success.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Kylie Doon on 08 7523 9836 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-KD
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.