About the Role:
As the Senior Project Manager you will be directly responsible for ensuring that the defined project scope is achieved within the budget, timescale and quality standards. These customers can range from private companies, to high end projects with the ADF. You will have the opportunity to develop and train your team in order to grow the business and pass on your experience to motivated and driven individuals.
This role is best suited to a Project Manager with an Electronics background. You will have the opportunity to work on high end technology such as Electronic Warfare, Sonar and other Defence based, bleeding edge equipment.
Someone with experience in defence industry who has worked on such projects before would be advantageous, but our client is looking for the right person, with good experience and understands the unique environment that the industry is involved in.
Responsibilities will include:
- Report to customers and provide internal/external reports of project outcomes,
- Manage and lead your team in order to ensure key project outcomes are achieved,
- Guide the development of project scope,
- Plan and implement the project schedule,
- Plan, monitor and control project costs to achieve budget expectations and prepare monthly financial and project status reports for internal and external stakeholders,
- Manage project resources through effective resource planning,
- Provide training to staff and conduct reviews of their performance,
- Oversee supply chain procurement activities to ensure quality and performance requirements are met,
- Identify and manage the alleviation of project risks and the realisation of project opportunities
- Proven capacity to lead and mentor junior members,
- 10+ years of experience working as a project manager with experience in successfully delivering complex electronic systems capabilities to Defence,
- Hold an Engineering or Computer Science Bachelor Degree or equivalent,
- Familiarity with the technical regulatory framework and governance requirements imposed by the Australian Defence Organisation will be highly beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal and intercommunication skills for client/customer interactions would be highly desirable.
If you are bored working in a slow moving and restrictive environment, then this is for you. This role is for someone that enjoys a challenge, like to have an impact and wants more than the average PM role.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Callum Andrew on 0402 759 468 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs