SIGINT and Network Operations Group - Systems Project Office (SNO-SPO) within the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD), will deliver cutting edge capabilities to Defence through a variety of different programs and projects. To facilitate this ASD has a requirement for a number of Project Managers to oversee projects under limited direction.
The Project Manager will be a highly organised, dynamic, outcome orientated individual with excellent communication skills who is confident to break down large projects into discrete work packages from concept to delivery, for a diverse range of customers.
- Must hold an active or inactive TSPV clearance (Any Agency)
- 12 Contract or 24 month contract on offer
- SFIA Lvl 4 or 5
- Flexible/Part time working arrangements available
The Project Manager is responsible for leading the planning and implementation of projects, including defining the scope and requirements, developing plans and schedules, managing the project's budget, overseeing and planning resource allocation and work packages, managing risks and issues and communicating formally and informally on the project's progress.
ASD seeks Project Managers who can think critically and utilise their excellent problem solving skills, as well as undertake negotiations, delegate effectively, and make timely decisions.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated acquisition and sustainment project management competencies
- Procurement experience (preferably in a Defence context).
- Experience with requirements capture and definition
- Manage Project budget, project delivery and sustainment matters.
- Engage with stakeholders and conduct requirements definition and scoping activities to clarify and define the scope of projects.
- Contribute to activities for planning, requirements analysis, system design / development, testing, implementation and transition to operations.
- Undertake project risk management to identify, analyse, evaluate, treat and review risks and issues.
- Co-ordinate project resourcing according to project priorities.
- 6.Escalate issues and seek advice from Senior Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Conduct project stage review and reporting, financial management, risk and issue management.
- Develop and contribute to project documentation including but not limited to Project Plan/Proposal, Stage Plans, Developing procedures, Exception Reports, Completion Reports Management of project risks and issues.
- Conduct procurement activities to support wider project requirements.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Ross Webb on 02 9492 7530 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-RW
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.