About the client
Our client is a well-known engineering company providing design and support of systems for the Australian and international Defence Force.
This is an exciting time to join as they embark on rapid growth here in Australia with the recent acquisition of an international naval defence project.
About the role
Working closely with the engineering team, we are a seeking an experienced Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of our products for an international client.
This role will work within a team structure and oversee the scope, resourcing, risk and procurement management of this exciting project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
- Responsible for the effective management and delivery of projects.
- Provide leadership to all members of the project team whether directly managed or not.
- Lead, coach, and motivate team members in the development of a robust, innovative and high performing team.
- Foster and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers, and other internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage the finances of projects, within approved budget constraints
- Deliver the required outcomes in accordance with agreed schedules
- Contribute to research and data analysis of project analytics to enable continuous improvement and deliver efficiencies in all aspects of project performance.
- Collaborate with the Senior Executive and Department Heads to identify business requirements as they pertain to assigned projects
- Other activities as directed by the Chief Executive Officer/Technical Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience in Project Management in a defence environment
- Tertiary qualification in Project Management or Engineering
- Specialised knowledge and/or practical application of sensor systems is desirable
- Very strong communication and stakeholder soft skills
- Advanced use of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Project)
- Australian citizenship: you will have Australian Defence security clearance (NV1 minimum)
- A very competitive salary package
- Take ownership of a brand-new Defence Project
- Employee Share Ownership Scheme
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Christmas Bonuses
- Study Support, L&D Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Defence Health & Navy Health Insurance access
- Christmas Party for staff and family, 2 days company granted leave
- Passion for innovation is in our DNA!
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Shane Curtis on 02 9492 7509. #LI-Shane
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.