Due to the nature of clients we work with here at Kinexus and the projects these roles will be based on, an Australian Government Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) clearance is essential.
These opportunities do not have the ability to obtain sponsorship for a security clearance (including applicants who currently hold a security clearance seeking to upgrade).
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Project Manager - RFQ-ASD-12-2024 - SOW 1 - Original
ICE Branch is providing important mission outcomes to ASD Under the REDSPICE initiative.
This SOW seeks to engage a Project Manager to enable ICE Branch to better plan, execute and manage our day to day work activities. This work includes but not limited to the procurement of capital acquisitions. This will deliver new capabilities and also activities to sustain and enhance existing operational capabilities both domestically and internationally.
The Project requires the services of suitably qualified project manager to assist in the planning and management of day to day work of the project and maintain adequate records to validate compliance with approved management planning requirements and project management methodologies. The Project Manager will be required to collate and provide advice and guidance on project risks, including developing a risk register.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 5.
Current Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is the federal agency responsible for foreign signals intelligence, cyber warfare and information security. ASD's purpose is to defend Australia from global threats and help advance our national interests.
Situated in Canberra, ASD employs over 2000 TSPV cleared workers. ASD's workforce is growing rapidly. Areas of growth include PMO, cyber security, systems administration and engineering, software development and network engineering.
A top-security, complex and highly technical environment, ASD plays a vital role in the defence of Australia. Long contracts (12 months+) available.
- Lead complex ICT projects or elements of a project ensuring that time, cost and quality targets are achieved.
- Research and analyse options in relation to project deliverables to facilitate the project team to make optimal decisions.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of project planning and performance processes in accordance with agreed procedures and performance standards.
- Lead requirements definition and scoping activities in order to clarify and define the scope of projects.
- In consultation with relevant stakeholders, identify and resolve resource conflicts and schedule tasks to optimise use of personnel.
- Prepare progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including Senior Defence Executives, Project Director, project team members and key stakeholders.
- Undertake risk management through the delivery of the project to identify, analyse, evaluate, treat and review the risks and issues associated with delivering the requirement. Proactively engage with stakeholders in relation to risks and issues management.
- Ensure project activities are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships in order to successfully deliver project outcomes.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Australian Citizenship and a TSPV security clearance is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in a project manager role and be accountable to contribute to the development and maintenance of project planning and performance processes in accordance with agreed procedures and performance standards.
- Demonstrated capability in researching, drafting and preparing briefs, correspondence and reports including submissions for Defence Delegate/s considerations.
- Demonstrated capability in applying project management methodologies to administrative and technical activities.
- Sound understanding of the Defence organisation and processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project or other project management applications.
Why work for ASD?
- Work on interesting and prestigious projects vital to the ongoing defence of Australia.
- Flexible work environment; work the hours that suit you between 7am and 7pm.
- Low attrition rate: the great variety of projects and opportunities across different business areas ensure few workers leave ASD.
- 12 or 18 month contracts available.
- Fantastic growth opportunities available at any stage of your career.
- Kinexus has been supplying TSPV contractors to ASD since 2004 and have a strong relationship with them. We are one of just 9 suppliers Australia-wide.
- Our experience in managing contractors in defence/national security industries means we understand the requirements from the Commonwealth, insurances and clearances.
- DISP accredited; we can hold clearances and manage renewals.
- Dedicated account manager (me!) who is your dedicated POC and offer continuous contractor care.
- Rate negotiation guidance in line with the SFIA framework.
- Dedicated payroll assistant who facilitates your taxes and super.
- We proactively chase timesheet approvers to ensure you get paid on-time and error free.
- Regular visits to Canberra for coffee, lunches and quarterly drinks events.
- We can facilitate novated car leases, LAFHA or salary sacrifice.
- We'll keep you up to date with the most appropriate, interesting opportunities in your field.
- Community matters. Kinexus supports women in Defence through our female mentoring program and rewards referrers through our Referral Rewards scheme.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
All applications should include your resume as a word document. For more information, visit our website, www.kinexus.com.au or contact Cindace Prasad at 0449 511 324. #LI-CP