ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for a Software QA Engineer (All levels of seniority) to work for a leading networks and wireless communications development enterprise firm based in Sydney, NSW. The QA Engineer will support the ADF through ensuring the development of high-quality communications deliverables. This role is performed on a full-time permanent basis.
By taking up this opportunity, you will immerse yourself in the Australian Defence Industry, growing connections with leading ICT and ADF experts. You will be allowed to showcase your quality control procedures and practices in this hands-on and technical role. This includes ensuring standards are upheld, meeting product requirements, working collaboratively across engineering teams, and defining test strategies and plans (for the Lead Software QA Engineer role).
QA Software Engineers are responsible for:
- Understanding requirements and ensuring software quality standards are met or exceeded
- Implementing quality procedures and practices
- Reporting to the Lead Software QA Engineer
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, architects and the development teams
Lead Software QA Engineers are responsible for:
- Defining test strategies and plans with input from development teams and stakeholders
- Leading on product testing to ensure standards are upheld and progress is maintained
- Working collaboratively across engineering teams to ensure product requirements are met
SKILLS & EXPERINECE NEEDED
QA Software Engineers will require:
- At least 3 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance roles
- A Degree in Engineering or a relevant discipline
- Strong knowledge of the full software development life cycle
- Very good knowledge of networking protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, VoIP (SIP/RTP)
- Experience of scripting in SQL, bash, python, and Perl
- Ability to produce documentation including software requirements, software test plans and reports
- Knowledge of public safety protocols (including MC-PTT and P2) and development of applications on embedded Linux platforms is desirable
- Experience of the telecommunications market (including is PABX, Mobile, Land Mobile Radio or Military) is preferred
- Experience testing IP based communications systems with encryption is also preffered
Lead Software QA Engineers will also require:
- Extensive experience as a QA Engineer
- Strong ability to analyse product requirements and define the testing approach and test cases
- Confidence in writing and executing test strategies, plans and reports
- Experience using software development tools such as CVS, Jira, Confluence
- Experience developing automated testing systems for software products
- Ability to produce documentation including QA strategies, processes, test plans and reports
- Rapidly learn technical knowledge and skills in the ICT and Defence industry
- Valuable training offered on the job
- Rewards hard work with flexible working conditions
CONNECT WITH KINEXUS!
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Divya Mehta on 02 9492 7514 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-DM1
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.