SIGINT and Network Operations Group - Systems Project Office (SNO-SPO) within the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD), will deliver cutting edge capabilities to Defence through a variety of different programmes and projects. To facilitate this ASD has a requirement for a Security Administrator
- Must hold an active or inactive TSPV clearance (Any Agency)
- 12 Contract or 24 month contract on offer
- SFIA Lvl 2
- Flexible/Part time working arrangements available
The Security Administrator is required to assist the Program area to develop and integrate software employing an Agile Software Development Methodology (SDM) including; developing software, integrating Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) and Government off the Shelf (GOTS) software, documenting technical processes and assisting with testing and deployment. The successful candidate will need highly developed software development skills and a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical/non-technical personnel.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience with network security technologies from vendors such as Palo Alto, Cisco, Sourcefire, FireEye, Blue Coat, Gigamon and Ixia.
- Experience in a Security Operations Centre (SOC) including security monitoring and incident response
- Maintain security administration processes and check that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Provide guidance in defining access rights and privileges.
- Investigate security breaches in accordance with established procedures, recommend required actions and support follow up to ensure these are implemented.
- Carry out agreed operational procedures, including network configuration, installation and maintenance and patching of network security systems.
- Develop scripts or small programs, in software languages such as Python or Bash, to automate business processes and integrate existing security tool and appliances.
- Use network management tools to collect and report on network load and performance statistics.
- Contribute to the implementation of maintenance and installation work.
- Install and configure COTS network security devices such as Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), NetFlow and Network Visibility appliances.
- Manage alerting and reporting from network security systems.
- Integrate security devices with Splunk and create security-related reports and alerts.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Ross Webb on 02 9492 7530 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-RW
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.