Security Engineer (Multiple) - RFQ-ASD-16-2024 - SOW 1 - Original
Due to the nature of clients we work with here at Kinexus and the projects these roles will be based on, an Australian Government Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) clearance is essential.
These opportunities do not have the ability to obtain sponsorship for a security clearance (including applicants who currently hold a security clearance seeking to upgrade).
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Security Engineer, you will be responsible for the development and support of systems which enable the continuous monitoring and assurance of networks and systems which enable ASD's functions. You will apply skills in security engineering to identify risks, provide advice on measures to implement security controls and develop unique solutions to protect these systems from threats.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
Current Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is the federal agency responsible for foreign signals intelligence, cyber warfare and information security. ASD's purpose is to defend Australia from global threats and help advance our national interests.
Situated in Canberra, ASD employs over 2000 TSPV cleared workers. ASD's workforce is growing rapidly. Areas of growth include PMO, cyber security, systems administration and engineering, software development and network engineering.
A top-security, complex and highly technical environment, ASD plays a vital role in the defence of Australia. Long contracts (12 months+) available.
- Maintain security administration processes and check that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Provide guidance on the implementation of security controls to manage security risks.
- Investigate security breaches in accordance with established procedures, recommend required actions and support follow up to ensure these are implemented.
- Carry out agreed operational procedures, including network configuration, installation and maintenance and patching of network security systems.
- Develop scripts or small programs, in software languages such as Python or Bash, to automate business processes and integrate existing security tool and appliances.
- Use network management tools to collect and report on network load and performance statistics.
- Contribute to the implementation of maintenance and installation work.
- Install and configure COTS network security devices such as Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), NetFlow and Network Visibility appliances.
- Manage alerting and reporting from network security systems.
- Integrate security devices with Splunk and create security-related reports and alerts.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Demonstrated experience with network security technologies from vendors such as Palo Alto, Cisco, Sourcefire, FireEye, Blue Coat, Gigamon and Ixia.
- Experience in a Security Operations Centre (SOC) including security monitoring and incident response.
- Australian Citizenship and a TSPV security clearance is essential.
Why work for ASD?
- Work on interesting and prestigious projects vital to the ongoing defence of Australia.
- Flexible work environment; work the hours that suit you between 7am and 7pm.
- Low attrition rate: the great variety of projects and opportunities across different business areas ensure few workers leave ASD.
- 12 or 18 month contracts available.
- Fantastic growth opportunities available at any stage of your career.
- Kinexus has been supplying TSPV contractors to ASD since 2004 and have a strong relationship with them. We are one of just 9 suppliers Australia-wide.
- Our experience in managing contractors in defence/national security industries means we understand the requirements from the Commonwealth, insurances and clearances.
- DISP accredited; we can hold clearances and manage renewals.
- Dedicated account manager (me!) who is your dedicated POC and offer continuous contractor care.
- Rate negotiation guidance in line with the SFIA framework.
- Dedicated payroll assistant who facilitates your taxes and super.
- We proactively chase timesheet approvers to ensure you get paid on-time and error free.
- Regular visits to Canberra for coffee, lunches and quarterly drinks events.
- We can facilitate novated car leases, LAFHA or salary sacrifice.
- We'll keep you up to date with the most appropriate, interesting opportunities in your field.
- Community matters. Kinexus supports women in Defence through our female mentoring program and rewards referrers through our Referral Rewards scheme.
- Support for your health and wellness through counselling support (EAP) available for all contractors and their families.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the defence industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help grow careers.
All applications should include your resume as a word document. For more information, visit our website, www.kinexus.com.au or contact Cindace Prasad at 0449 511 324. #LI-CP