Working within the innovative R&D space, this is a great opportunity to progress your career and contribute to exciting development activities. Play an important role in the mechanical development of new R&D projects within the medical market. Mentor and provide guidance support to other engineers within the department. Work with cutting edge technology and apply to new product development.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reporting to the Principal Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, testing, or modifying mechanical architecture and products for medical, security, consumer, or similar environments to meet product or customer requirements.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Considered an innovator in the R&D space for medical and biomedical markets, our client drives change and real advancement in the healthcare industry. If you are an experienced engineer with solid experience in medical, electronics, defence or automotive industries and you are looking to take the next step in your career, this is the opportunity for you!
- Derive and maintain approved mechanical architecture for one or more projects, ensuring appropriate implementation.
- Specific detailed engineering design and documentation.
- Accurately and appropriately document all investigations, design calculations, and test results, to enable design traceability, review, and approval.
- Testing to ensure performance of parts and assemblies.
- Provide regular reports to Project Managers relating to task progress, issues encountered, solutions proposed, and required clarifications of time or scope expectations.
- Provide guidance and mentoring support to other engineers within the department.
- Maintain familiarity with and be able to apply current technology, design standards and industry best practices.
- Interface with and evaluate suppliers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Extensive (8+years) experience in the design and development of medical, scientific, automotive, defence and/or consumer products.
- Development, execution, and report generation for mechanical and environmental tests.
- Experience with Introduction of products to manufacture would be desirable.
- ISO 9001 quality system, ISO 13485 medical devices exposure would be an advantage.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Contribute to the development of mechanical assemblies and components for use in medical applications.
- Work with a multitalented team of engineers.
- Be part of an innovative and progressive R&D company working in the medical space.
Kinexus is a recruitment partner to the Engineering Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Steve Hutcheson on 03 9982 0313 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-SH
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.