Our client is a global leader in providing highly advanced engineering solutions to enhance Defence capabilities including Electronic Warfare, Communications, and Hardware & Software. The successful applicant will have a relationship-based philosophy and approach to leadership, with the ability to plan, build, organise, and direct program management activities across multiple locations. I am seeking someone with exceptional leadership skills that can foster a collaborative team environment and develop new business in conjunction with other internal departments.
- Lead, direct and manage the Program Management Office and work with stakeholders to establish and implement effective best practices.
- Responsible for long-term relationship and operation of the contract with overall responsibility for contract delivery (planning, monitoring & control, reporting).
- Ensure the team understand their roles and responsibilities and are held accountable for their contributions.
- Assess and evaluate project performance against agreed plans and implement strategies to achieve project outcomes.
- Integrate risk and opportunity management into planning, decision making and priority setting.
- Accountable for accurate completion of work within timeframes and quality requirements.
- Manage the coordination of reporting responsibilities, including project reports, monthly progress reports and quarterly performance reports including Quarterly Performance Reports, Senate Estimates Briefs and Ministerial Question Briefs.
- Act as the project's primary interface for internal and external Government departments.
- Guide and mentor less experienced staff and work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes.
SKILLS & EXPERINECE NEEDED
- Tertiary qualifications (degree or higher) in a Project or Business Management discipline
- Previous experience in Program / Project Management (10+ years)
- Experience working in a Systems Program Office environment
- A strong background of delivering large and complex Defence programs
- Strong understanding of the Defence sector
- Well-developed understanding of contemporary PM methodologies coupled with proven understanding of Earned Value Management, Project Controls, Scheduling and Risk Management
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal
- Candidates must have a NV1 Defence security clearance and be ITAR compliant
- Excellent career progression & development
- Ability to work on state of the art technology
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic working environment
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Toby Wright on 08 7226 6579 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TW
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.