The Senior Project Management function delivers the project team with leadership, planning, motivation, understanding and experience. The function is accountable for the performance (to time, quality, cost and/or as-bid Gross Margin) of the project and manages project elements, including, but not limited to, schedule, cost, resources and risks.
A professional at this grade is recognised as a key technical or subject matter experts providing professional or thought leadership in areas key to the achievement of the function's objectives. Will input into the technical direction of their discipline.
- Manage the customer relationship through effective internal and external communications and reporting
- Lead, motivate and manage project team personnel to instil a commitment to project financial, schedule and technical goals;
- Plan and implement the project schedule, monitor and assess performance, and implement corrective actions as required to meet delivery expectations;
- Manage project resources through effective resource planning, staff training and development, and assess staff performance;
- Ability to instil a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in delivering products on time and within budget;
- At least 10 years' overall experience in successfully delivering complex electronic systems capabilities to Defence;
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading design and development projects for the Australian Defence customer;
- Skilled in the use of MS Project or Open Plan Professional
- Sound understanding of PMBOK Project Management principles;
- Substantial familiarity with the technical regulatory framework and governance requirements imposed by the Australian Defence Organisation
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen and hold an NV1 Security Clearance.
If you think you match the above criteria, please apply in Word format only.
Kinexus is Australia's No.1 Leading Supplier of recruitment solutions to the Defence Industry with over 19 years of support, made up of a team of ex-Defence professionals and professional recruiters, ready to support your needs!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Claire Whitehouse on 0411 640 766 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-CW
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs