The Australian Government is further boosting Australia's cyber defences to ensure our essential networks are even more secure and reliable.
The Cyber Hygiene Improvement Programs (CHIPs) is an automated discovery and reporting process that identifies cyber hygiene issues in federal, state and territory, and local government internet facing IT services. CHIPs assists in understanding and hardening their internet facing attack surface by looking for and reporting on issues such as critical vulnerabilities, open ports and services, encryption and email security configurations and other significant internet facing cyber hygiene issues.
Kinexus is seeking Senior Developers with significant experience with Python and a solid background in software engineering. The right candidate will work with the existing software engineering team to build new CHIPs capability and enhance the maintainability of the existing code base.
The person will possess broad knowledge in:
- Software engineering concepts,
- Programming languages,
- Cloud IaaS services,
- Linux Containers,
- System architecture,
- Linux and Cloud security best practice.
The person will possess skills in:
- Best practice software engineering practices,
- Leading a team of developers,
- Using software engineering tools,
- Developing using the Python programming language,
- Developing using the Bash shell and associated scripting language,
- Deploying code using Linux containers,
- Designing and deploying a distributed system using cloud services,
- Using and managing AWS cloud services,
- Developing a system using database products (such as PostgreSQL),
- Developing a system using messaging products (such as RabbitMQ).
The Senior Developer major responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that CHIPs technical functionality is delivered on-time and to specifications.
- Writing code to deliver the technical functionality.
- Ensuring that code is developing using best practice principles.
- Supporting, guiding and mentoring other CHIPs developers in the development process.
- Supporting the CHIPs program through planning and implementation for future CHIPs capabilities.
- Developing software engineering technical artefacts.
- Must have a minimum of an NV1 Clearance or higher
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 20 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Cindace Prasad on 02 9492 7517 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-CP
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.