Work for a global engineering organisation on a government project in Canberra. You will need an NV1 or above for this position due to the nature of the work. There is a high chance this contract will be extended or transition to permanency in 6 months time.
- The Senior Software Engineer is accountable for the design and development of software systems in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
- Provide technical leadership relevant Software Engineering activities conducted by a software team under the project.
- As required, manage and track the execution of Software Engineering activities with primary focus on the technical integrity and quality of the CSCI
- Assist in the establishment of project specific Software Engineering Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Provide an interface between the relevant Software Engineering teams and Management and Customer representatives.
- Lead the Identification and resolution of technical issues associated with the execution of Software Engineering activities across the team.
- Ensure the collection of relevant Software Engineering technical performance measures to ensure accurate tracking of the technical integrity of the software products
- Responsible for complying with the requirements of the Quality Systems as they relate to your areas of activity.
You will have:
- Minimum 3-years, Software Engineering or technology degree qualified
- Significant experience in developing software in a selection of the following technologies: C, C++, C#, Ada software development languages
- Scripting Languages
- Software development under the Windows and/or UNIX environments
- Object Oriented Design principles
- UML Modelling
- Structured (Functional) Design principles
- Has experience in developing designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- A strong understanding of 'Best Practice' Software Engineering methods
- Experience in the selection and implementation of effective Software Engineering Tools, Infrastructure and Process
- Ability to provide technical leadership to medium sized Software Engineering teams
- Ability to ensure the technical integrity and quality of software products
- Ability to train and mentor engineers through superior team building skills
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Danny Fleming on 02 9492 7510 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.