The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) within the Australian Signals Directorate requires software developers able to deliver effective capability solutions.
The Software Developer will be accountable under broad direction to interpret specifications and technical designs to build, maintain and modify code or adaptation data for software applications, construct technical specifications from a business functional model, write and execute tests, write and maintain technical documentation.
Roles exist both in project teams and tactical positions embedded to support business units supporting critical business functions directly helping protect Australia.
The position requires at a minimum an active NV2 clearance. Candidates found suitable following the evaluation process will need to undergo ASD's Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) to assess the individual's suitability to work for a Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA). Only after a 'suitable' outcome, will the seller be issued a Work Order and the work can commence. The OSA is comprised of two stages, a written psychometric examination and an interview with a psychologist. The OSA process and outcome can take up to 5 months to be completed.
Estimated start date 1-07-2021
Location of work Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract 12 months that includes an initial 3 month probation
Contract extensions 12 months subject to funds availability
Security clearance Must have current negative vetting level 2 clearance
- Experience in design, build, integration and document software capability that meets business requirements.
- Experience in support, maintenance and enhancement of existing software ensuring application availability.
- Experience in quality and security of software through appropriate testing and review.
- Experience in assisting in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures.
- Experience in engaging with business and product owners to clarify and fully develop user requirements using agile development methods.
- Experience in documenting technical processes in accordance with organisational policies and procedures and promote bi-directional knowledge transfer within a team environment.
- Experience in Cyber Security or a related domain would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated competence in Java software development (.Net or other programming experience will also be considered).
- Demonstrated competence with Python and/or similar experience with other scripting languages.
- Experienced in developing and deploying software within a Linux / UNIX environment.
- Experience in the use of automation and deployment tools is desirable.
- Experience in Linux and/or Windows administration is desirable.
- Experience in Hadoop/Apache Spark is desirable.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Anthony Moore on 02 9492 7508 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AM
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.