Kinexus are currently working with a pioneering software Engineering firm who are looking for a talented Software Developer to join their team in either Canberra or Sydney to help create cutting-edge solutions.
The company design, develop and manufacture original software and hardware solutions to provide a flexible and unique response to their customer's needs. They work with a broad range of clients completing a variety of different projects in private industry and Defence. If you're a creative and self-motivated Software Developer with some decent experience under your belt they could be just the right fit for you.
I'm looking for a talented Software Developer to join the team and help develop cutting-edge solutions for their clients. The role will primarily focus on Java development for the backend as well as Typescript web development for the frontend component of our technology stack.
As the workload is expanding i'm looking for a Software Developer who will be confident in applying their knowledge of programming concepts to work with the team to design and build solutions for complex problems. In order to be successful in the position you will need to be a keen problem solver who is able to see and understand the bigger picture, but also be capable of breaking it down and digging into the details.
Working in an agile software environment, you will be helping with all aspects of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering, design and development through to testing, and through life support. All team members work together to deliver the end to end solutions.
On any given day you would be working in a team towards achieving the client's desired outcomes, potentially you could be across multiple projects including Defence and commercial communications projects. Work typically involves critical and creative thinking and executing a mixture of cutting edge technologies and techniques to produce innovative programming and software solutions. You will need to produce clean code that you can read, test and maintain. As a member of the team you'll be making important design decisions, sharing knowledge with your colleagues to help the team grow as a whole, and be actively learning in order to expand your own skill-set and programming abilities.
The Successful Candidate Will Need:
- 4+ years experience as a Software Developer
- Strong programming skills in Java or comparable languages
- Experience with Angular, React, or similar web frameworks
- Experience working with large code bases
- Experience working in a collaborative development team environment with developers at a variety of levels
- To be someone who is self-motivated and takes initiative
These things will make you stand out:
- An Engineering or Computer Science degree
- Understanding of and experience implementing Design patterns
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL (e.g.Postgres)
- Experience working with an Agile development process
- Experience with Angular JS, JQuery, Typescript, Less CSS
- Experience with Distributed Version Control Systems (e.g. Git)
- Experience with or understanding of the principles behind Test Driven Development
- Experience dealing with TCP/UDP/sockets
Applicants will need to be an Australian Citizen ideally with a current security clearance (NV1 preferred)
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Susie Stuart on 02 9492 7517. #LI-SS
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.