Our client is based in Sydney and looking to acquire a mid-level to senior C++ Software Developer. The applicant must be an Australian Citizen with an existing Security Clearance (or is willing to undergo an AGSVA Security Clearance procedure).
They insist on employing the applicant on a full-time permanent basis.
Our client is a multinational organisation that has 500-1000 employees world wide.
About the Client
Our client is a defence technology company, catering to the Australian Defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better and more informed decisions.
We've assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the Australia and our allies.
Our client's Lattice software platform integrates together many sensors into a single cohesive view of the world, providing needed context for our users. The Software Engineers build the systems that run on our autonomous assets, the networking and backend services that integrate large amounts of sensor data, and the user interfaces that display that data in real time. We believe in having as little separation between engineers and our users as well as between engineering teams.
The type of person they are looking for.
As a C++ Software Engineer, you will be working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. Our client has a collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for ownership. As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company now and into the future, as well as our customers! We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale - so being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must.
About the Role
- Own the software solutions that are deployed to customers
- Write code in C++ to improve products and scale the mission capability to more customers
- Collaborate across multiple teams to plan, build, and test complex functionality
- Create and analyze metrics that are leveraged for debugging and monitoring
- Empathize with end-users to turn needs into features while balancing user experience with engineering constraints
- Strong engineering experience from the industry (minimum 4 years experience), along with academic pursuits & studies in the areas of: Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- High proficiency in C++
- Must be able to obtain and hold an NV1 (Negative Vetting Level 1) Clearance
- A desire to work on software and applications that have real-world impact
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Maverick Taku on 0401 684 207 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-MT
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.