As the Software Engineer for this Defence Engineering giant, you will be required to work closely with Project Team members, to package and deliver a number of existing third party software applications to run on the Defence network.
This work will primarily apply to Command and Control (C2) applications for the Defence Protected Network (DPE) and the Defence Secret Network (DSN). Engineering work associated with the design and development, testing, deployment and through life support of application packages will be undertaken under an engineering system lifecycle management framework and in accordance with the customer mandated technical regulatory framework. This work will also include post deployment application issue resolution, where this is determined to be due to the execution environment, rather than a defect with the application itself.
The Software Engineer will require strong skills in application integration design and implementation, and will apply these skills to a range of tasks, such as:
- Perform investigation into the product(s) to be packaged using knowledge of the various Defence ICT platforms:
- Develop a design and then proceed with packaging the application and facilitate the testing of the package in test and production environments.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Roles or Active Directory (AD) Groups that may be required to support the proper functioning of the software.
- Whitelist the application, then work with the Appsense and Lumension whitelisting tools to ensure applications function on the target platforms.
- Develop installation processes to ensure the application installs correctly when deployed through System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) (which can also require the uninstallation of old versions / databases etc.)
- Management of SCCM for deployment and support for all the C2 applications
- Collaboratively work with the test team to work through and resolve all issues during testing.
- Other skills and knowledge that would be highly desirable include:
- Knowledge of target platforms including client workstation and MS Windows based servers
To support the above duties, the Software Engineer is expected to have the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Minimum of 3 years' Software Engineering experience
- Experience with systems engineering, and all stages of the engineering lifecycle
- Hold an Australian defence security clearance at a minimum level of Negative Vetting 2 (NV2) Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers Australia or equivalent professional body.
- Ability to use and adapt high level written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of difference audiences which include external stakeholders at a senior level
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 18 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Danny Fleming on 02 9492 7510 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.