We are currently working on behalf of an international defence company that is seeking highly skilled Senior Software Engineer to join their team in a position focusing around the design & development of software for a Federal Government project.
The Senior Software Engineer will be a recognised software specialist in a specific software domain, technology, or methodology that will provide technical leadership and guidance to more junior members of the project team and will have significant responsibility for ensuring the technical integrity and quality.
Skills and requirements;
- A strong understanding of the Software Development lifecycle
- Has experience in developing designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- A strong understanding of 'Best Practice' Software Engineering methods
- Experience in the selection and implementation of effective Software Engineering Tools, Infrastructure and Process
- Ability to provide technical leadership to medium sized Software Engineering teams
- Ability to ensure the technical integrity and quality of software products
- Ability to train and mentor engineers through superior team building skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers at all levels
- Significant experience in developing software in a selection of the following technologies:
- C, C++, C#, Ada software development languages
- Scripting Languages
- Software development under the Windows and/or UNIX environments
- Object Oriented Design principles
- UML Modelling
- Structured (Functional) Design principles
To be successful in this role, your will possess;
- Highly developed software engineering skills
- Understanding of distributed computing and complex multi-tier applications.
- Ability to develop innovate processes to drive compliance, accountability, and security.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Due to the nature of the companies work candidates must hold a Software Engineering degree, and a minimum of an NV1 security clearance.
Kinexus, formally Kinetic Recruitment, are the No. 1 defence recognised supplier with a specialisation in the recruitment of mid to senior level professionals who hold Defence or Federal government clearances across the spectrum of technology platforms. Kinexus are recognised as a top 15 Defence SME in Australia and support various major defence projects.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Phil Loyden on 02 9492 7505 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.