About the client
Our client is world renown leader in the design, development and support of sonar systems for the Australian Defence Force. To support their continued growth, a golden opportunity has become available for a Software Engineer to join the team, working out of their facility in Sydney's North West.
About the role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, Software Engineer, you will:
- Assist in development of acoustic analysis products
- Oversee product lifecycle (design-delivery-support)
- Achieve software engineering milestones within the project schedule
- Deliver technical solutions on projects to meet requirements
- Comply with Company policies and regulatory requirements
- Work as part of a small team
- Join one of the world's leading acoustic providers
- Free on-site parking and close to public transport
- Training and development opportunities to keep your skills up-to-date
- Sink your teeth into the latest maritime defence projects
- Flexibility for work life balance
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will be a qualified Systems Engineer who has:
- Bachelor of Software Engineering or Computer Sciences
- Defence industry experience (preferred)
- Excellent C++ design and implementation skills
- Excellent network (distributed systems over Ethernet) understanding/experience.
- Visual studio experience (primary IDE).
- Qt experience (user interfaces).
- Boost experience
- Linux experience (application programming/deployment)
- Windows experience (application programming/deployment)
- Real-time processing (on Linux or Windows PC) experience
- Python and Java experience preferred (simulation/test frameworks)
- Australian citizenship
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Autonomous, analytical, results-driven
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Shane Curtis on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.