Based in the ACT, our client is seeking an experienced Software Design Engineers to join their dynamic team. The successful candidates will join an industry leader in providing ground-breaking technology to the Defence and will be working on exciting & high-profile projects, including weapons systems and world-class sensor units. The systems they create are highly technical in nature incorporating a variety of designed, tested, and manufactured inhouse systems. These systems are exported worldwide and are created to be adapted to a customer's requirements including their environment.
The primary responsibility of this position is the provision of software designs that support product development and product support activities including research and development, change management and production engineering. The successful applicants will have strong software engineering technical knowledge, coding, and the understanding of how software works in conjunction with electronics design, mechanical design and systems engineering disciplines.
- Work with various engineering teams to ensure project outcomes are met
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure project outcomes meet relevant schedule and budget
- Manage scope of work being undertaken
- Undertake risk analysis ensuring risks are identified, monitored, and mitigated
- Support the procurement of items required for the engineering project
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with C, C++, or Java programming languages
- Experience with engineering processes such as CMMI, or SPICE or similar methodologies
- Embedded or real-time software development
- Experience with the full lifecycle of projects from concept through to design
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience working on Defence project will be highly advantageous
- Must be experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer who offer flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
Due to the nature of the project's applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship and be eligible for a security clearance. Applicants are also required to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 20 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Kylie Doon on 08 7523 9836 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-KD
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.