This contract Software Engineering role is well suited to someone who enjoys the challenge and excitement of developing new technology. You will need to navigate the architecture, quality, testing, V&V and delivery to market of a complex software product.
About the Company:
Our client is a Geelong, Victoria based company focused on the design and manufacture of equipment used for training Australian Defence Force personnel on the latest land platforms.
- C/C++ Software Development for mission critical systems
- Undertake functional analysis to identify optimum solutions against requirements
- Oversee the Software Development Lifecycle (design-delivery-support)
- Define test requirements and participate in system design reviews
- Commission software systems in conformance with specification
- Deliver technical solutions on projects to meet requirements
- Comply with Company policies and regulatory requirements
Skills & Experience:
The successful applicant will be a qualified Software Engineer who has:
- Experience designing, developing and testing software programs written in C++
- Experience with defence industry processes & procedures
- Knowledge of navigating the CASG ASDEFCON process will be highly valued
- Experience across the full SDLC - from requirements through to integration
- Experience with testing procedures & documentation
- Strong problem-solving skills & effective team collaboration
- Hourly rate $70-90 including Super (dependent on experience and background).
- Long term project working on some exciting new technology - potential for further work
This is a role in the defence sector, so you must hold Australian Citizenship to be eligible.
Security clearance to BASELINE or above is essential.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. As a partner with some of the largest Defence projects, we have been actively engaging and working with in the Australian Defence Industry for over 18 years.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Robert Danks on 03 9982 0302 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.