Title: Software Engineering Advisor / Systems Engineer - Electronic Warfare
Start: ASAP - MUST HAVE ACTIVE NV2 or PV Security Clearance
Our client is a leading provider of professional services to the Defence Industry, with over 20 years' experience working directly with the Commonwealth. These services include, but are not limited to; project management, engineering, asset management, integrated logistics support, procurement and training solutions. This global organisation is uniquely positioned across a wide range of projects within the Australian Defence sector for the purpose of contributing directly to Australia's sovereign capability.
You will be working with the Capability, Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) business inside the ADF. This role sits within an engineering SME team supporting the project team who oversee delivery of capability into operational environments.
In this role you will:
- Provide expert level ICT and engineering advice covering multiple disciplines: Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Infrastructure, Agile methodologies, and Test & Evaluation activities
- Develop, review, and approve engineering documentation
- Engage in T&E activities. Review and approve TRR, test executions, design, and test documents
- Translate capability technical information into high level briefs suitable for executive decision making
- Work together in a team on large complex projects.
- Communicate complex technical information with the engineering team, department teams and external partners.
- Advise on correct compliance of department policy, ISM, CLC
- Provide technical input into prioritising and maintaining capability requirements and trace back to higher level documents
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Prior experience of hands-on programming roles. A lead position navigating software teams through to release, will be highly regarded.
- History of delivering ICT, engineering projects to completion within Defence CLC
- Use of Agile methodology / Scrum, SAFe and other frameworks.
- An understanding of Defence Capability Lifecycle CLC
- Experience of Systems Engineering, test and evaluation activities,
- Ability to write Systems engineering documents, plans, reviews, reports including T&E.
- Experience working for a Prime Systems Integrator (PSI) or Defence sub-contractors on Cyber Security, EW or EMS projects
- Knowledge of infrastructure hardware, software, network security and VM's
- Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder engagement ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both software engineers and executive audiences, as well as strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Electro Magnetic spectrum, RF, EW attack and defence
- Experience implementing Agile frameworks on projects
- Certifications/roles such as Agile coach, Scrum Master, Product Owner
- Knowledge of Configuration Management
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelors degree in ICT/Engineering is desirable
- This role is open to equivalent demonstratable professional experience
- Skills with industry standard software tools and software used in Defence are required. Experience with Jira or similar experience is desirable.
- Ideally you will have an Agile Software Engineering background coding C++, Java, Python or other languages, combined with Systems Engineering experience.
Benefits of this role
Cyber Security in an aspect of the project, and an understanding of secure Systems and Software Engineering practices will enable you to gain and strengthen your abilities in this area. The organisation is committed to supporting the professional development of staff at every stage of their career through in-house training, performance rewards and structured career paths. They offer a competitive package of lifestyle benefits that include family-friendly work hours. They are a quality assured equal opportunity employer.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Kylie Doon on 08 7523 9836 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-KD
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.