The Solution Architect will be responsible on behalf of the project for the services architecture and design for the deployed C-130-J SIE Integration Capability.
Scope of the engagement:
- Support the Defence customer and the Prime System Integrator by providing technical consultation with proposed vendor and contractor solutions and designs; balancing delivery with the broader program roadmap.
- Conduct independent review of contractor designs and documentation to validate for solution completeness of detailed designs, test procedures and build documentation.
- Conduct investigations, risk mitigation activities and trade studies as required under the guidance.
- Preparation and reviews of ECPs as required.
- Maintain the CIOG baselined document set.
- Undertake build activities. (Dev, Test, Pre-Prod, Prod)
- Liaise with Prime System Integrators, vendors and stakeholders of the system as required to resolve build and test activity dependencies.
- Lead troubleshooting and defect resolution of complex issues.
- Provide technical content and advice on the CIOG deliverables to the prime system integrator in the development of system support and training content.
- Work with CIOG service towers in the Transition into Service by providing system specific technical content.
Minimum NV1 Clearance
Skills and expertise required:
- Microsoft Windows Server,
- Microsoft Hyper-V,
- Microsoft Exchange Server,
- Microsoft Skype for Business,
- Citrix Products and Services,
- Microsoft Windows 10,
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager,
- Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager,
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager,
- Active Directory,
- Certificate Services,
- Role Based Access Control,
- Red Hat RHEL
- Understanding of IP networking technologies including OSI model, routing, switching and firewalling.
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering processes within Defence.
- Familiarity with Change Management methodologies within Defence.
- Skilled and effective communicator, spoken and written, prepared to confidently engage in technical forums.
- Ability to work in a team environment, participate in project meetings and engage with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Effective planner with efficient time management skills, including interaction with remote teams across multiple time zones.
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts and tasks, with a view of improving technical knowledge and skills.
- Intuition to balance innovation against supportability for customised application of technologies.
- 10 years plus experience in IT industry in Wintel design.
- Desired current industry certifications with Microsoft, Citrix
Canberra (MEB Building, Forrest ACT)
Domestic travel may be required (RAAF Richmond)
The Kinexus Defence team is the largest Defence specific recruitment team in Australia and can provide unique support to projects across the country. As a trusted partner to the industry, we have access to existing and new project opportunities that will be created as the ADF seek to upgrade and replace its assets over the next two decades.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Danny Fleming on 02 9492 7510 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-DF
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.