Splunk System Administrator - RFQ-ASD-10-2024 - SOW 2 - Original
Due to the nature of clients we work with here at Kinexus and the projects these roles will be based on, an Australian Government Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) clearance is essential.
These opportunities do not have the ability to obtain sponsorship for a security clearance (including applicants who currently hold a security clearance seeking to upgrade).
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The ICT System Administrator is accountable under general direction to undertake complex administration, integration and problem management of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) software relating to monitoring and maintenance of ICT servers and software, primarily in relation to the Splunk product.
Personnel will contribute both independently and collaboratively, and may perform changes, outages, upgrades, patches, software development, business analysis and service delivery (support) functions including answering customer calls and performing Level 2 and 3 support after Service Desk triage of initial requests.
Scope of responsibility includes the virtual infrastructure, management of diverse data sets and automated data processing, application security, configuring backups and performance tuning.
The role will identify and advise on improvements to services and take a collaborative role supporting Commonwealth technical leads to define the technical strategic direction for services. The role may also undertake a root cause analysis for Problem Management, identifying and resolving issues including upstream vendor support interaction, or taking a major role in complex upgrades.
Security is a key factor for this role, with involvement from all team members in identification, investigation and rectification of security concerns, and implementation, configuration and maintenance of system software to ensure optimal data security.
The Digital Workplace Services section enables Defence Intelligence Agency customers to securely create, manage and share corporate information. We implement, secure, support and iterate a portfolio of information management applications covering management of documents, records, knowledge, multimedia, tasks, workflows, ICT equipment, locations and people; and provide monitoring, data warehousing and analytics for these repositories.
Staff work in a framework of legislation, principles and work practices including management of corporate information in accordance with the Privacy Act, the Digital Transformation Agency's Digital Service Standard, the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and compliance with the Australian Government Information Security Manual.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
Current Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is the federal agency responsible for foreign signals intelligence, cyber warfare and information security. ASD's purpose is to defend Australia from global threats and help advance our national interests.
Situated in Canberra, ASD employs over 2000 TSPV cleared workers. ASD's workforce is growing rapidly. Areas of growth include PMO, cyber security, systems administration and engineering, software development and network engineering.
A top-security, complex and highly technical environment, ASD plays a vital role in the defence of Australia. Long contracts (12 months+) available.
- Install, administer, monitor and maintain, and decommission, complex Linux technologies (Splunk, Ansible). Patch applications; diagnose and resolve system and environment problems, implement break-fixes for diverse customers from individual users to system stakeholders. Evaluate and implement software updates and environment updates such as cloud-based infrastructure. Identify and initiate improvements to architecture and configurations. Update system features or behaviour to meet customer needs as provided through requirements capture by other team members
- Manage capabilities that maintain the Standard Operating Environment (SOE) while monitoring the environment.
- Write and maintain operational and security documentation including System Security Plans, test/installation guides, change approval requests with change process plans and corporate knowledge summaries such as system diagrams and support procedures. Document daily work (steps taken, reasons and outcomes) to ensure transition of knowledge to the Commonwealth and to enable repeatability of procedures and compliance with relevant standards, including Commonwealth record keeping responsibilities
- Provide administration with focus on scripted cross forest object migration, planning and coordination.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Essential - Experience in the successful delivery of complex ICT outcomes across an Enterprise.
- Essential - Experience configuring software systems and associated hosting environments to meet ICT security policy and procedures on a Linux operating system.
- Desirable - Demonstrated experience and understanding of ITIL processes and procedures
- Australian Citizenship and a TSPV security clearance is essential.
Why work for ASD?
- Work on interesting and prestigious projects vital to the ongoing defence of Australia.
- Flexible work environment; work the hours that suit you between 7am and 7pm.
- Low attrition rate: the great variety of projects and opportunities across different business areas ensure few workers leave ASD.
- 12 or 18 month contracts available.
- Fantastic growth opportunities available at any stage of your career.
- Kinexus has been supplying TSPV contractors to ASD since 2004 and have a strong relationship with them. We are one of just 9 suppliers Australia-wide.
- Our experience in managing contractors in defence/national security industries means we understand the requirements from the Commonwealth, insurances and clearances.
- DISP accredited; we can hold clearances and manage renewals.
- Dedicated account manager (me!) who is your dedicated POC and offer continuous contractor care.
- Rate negotiation guidance in line with the SFIA framework.
- Dedicated payroll assistant who facilitates your taxes and super.
- We proactively chase timesheet approvers to ensure you get paid on-time and error free.
- Regular visits to Canberra for coffee, lunches and quarterly drinks events.
- We can facilitate novated car leases, LAFHA or salary sacrifice.
- We'll keep you up to date with the most appropriate, interesting opportunities in your field.
- Community matters. Kinexus supports women in Defence through our female mentoring program and rewards referrers through our Referral Rewards scheme.
- Support for your health and wellness through counselling support (EAP) available for all contractors and their families.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the defence industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help grow careers.
All applications should include your resume as a word document. For more information, visit our website, www.kinexus.com.au or contact Cindace Prasad at 0449 511 324. #LI-CP