SIGINT and Network Operations Group - Systems Project Office (SNO-SPO) within the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) need several System Engineers to deliver cutting edge capabilities to Defence through a variety of different programmes and projects.
The System Engineer will be responsible for the design, integration, testing and documentation of engineering subsystems. They will require an understanding of the ASD environment, processes and procedures and are required to take this into account when designing subsystems. The system engineer will be required to work across a variety of disciplines including mechanical design, thermal design and modelling, ICT infrastructure, ICT security and embedded systems development. They will be required to take broad customer requirements and develop the appropriate project documentation.
- Must hold an active or inactive TSPV clearance (Any Agency)
- 12 Contract or 24 month contract on offer
- Multiple Positions
- SFIA Lvl 4 & 5
- Flexible/Part time working arrangements available
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience creating and updating technical documentation and operating procedures.
- Demonstrated experience working with virtualisation technologies.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and actioning security alerts and incidents.
- Ability to maintain and upgrade device software, firmware versions, racking, cabling and labelling of current and new infrastructure.
- Implement network design on Cisco and Juniper platforms.
- Linux development, which may include developing and configuring a Linux environment, installing operating systems and maintaining a Linux system.
- Using Puppet and Ansible, enhance and support automation and continuous deployment for existing systems. Recommend/design new structures and tools which meet business requirements and take into account the target environment. Implement and maintain automated testing.
- Monitor systems and infrastructure. Provide assistance with support requests, fix and troubleshoot issues.
- Provide feedback to implementation and design aspects. Translate logical designs into physical designs. Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures. Design, support and update documentation including standard operating procedures and detailed design documentation.
- Provide guidance and direct the work of other team members
Kinexus are the No. 1 defence recognised supplier with a specialisation in the recruitment of mid to senior level professionals who hold Defence or Federal government clearances across the spectrum of technology platforms. Kinexus are recognised as a top 15 Defence SME in Australia and support various major defence projects.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Ross Webb on 02 9492 7530 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.