System Administrator is responsible for complex activities and tasks relating to design, development, integration, configuration, hardening, and documentation of Cyber Security Systems. The System Administrator will lead and conduct these activities whilst working cohesively and flexibly with related stakeholders to the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC)
- Must hold an active or inactive TSPV clearance (Any Agency)
- 12 Contract or 24 month contract on offer
- SFIA Lvl 5
- Flexible/Part time working arrangements available
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience in Authentication and Authorisation technologies.
- Understanding of various protocols (i.e. DNS, DHCP, NTP) and proxies (i.e. web proxies).
- General network knowledge and experience an advantage.
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Software defined storage technologies (i.e. CEPH).
- Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS, e.g. Red Hat OpenStack, AWS);
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS, e.g. Red Hat Open Shift);
- Containers (e.g. Docker) technologies;
- Elastic Search (ES)
- Identify the hardware and software system requirements for Cyber Security systems;
- Design Cyber Security systems in accordance with agreed enterprise technology stack and design patterns;
- Ensure that hardware designs balance functional, service quality, security, systems management and sustainability requirements;
- Contribute to enterprise technology selection policies.
- Lead Linux systems administration team supporting Operating System installation, configuration, integration, hardening, software and patch management and documentation of Cyber Security System.
- Design, develop and maintain all system tools for all scripts and automation processes and monitor system capacity and usage.
- Identify and analyse system performance issues, and work in close coordination with related stakeholders to recommend and implement remediation actions.
- Identify any configuration discrepancies in the system, assess security risks, and implement solutions by adhering to security standards.
Kinexus are the No. 1 defence recognised supplier with a specialisation in the recruitment of mid to senior level professionals who hold Defence or Federal government clearances across the spectrum of technology platforms. Kinexus are recognised as a top 15 Defence SME in Australia and support various major defence projects
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Ross Webb on 02 9492 7530 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.