We are currently searching for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our client in the support and delivery of complex projects to be either based out of their Canberra and Sydney offices.
This is a role for someone who has had full lifecycle experience and experience working on ICT infrastructure technologies.
This is an opportunity to work with other members of the Systems Team, under the direction and in support of the Systems Team Leader. You will alos work with the other project design (software, hardware, mechanical, etc) and support teams to ensure a systems orientated, integrated approach is taken with respect to the project engineering development and verification activities.
- Work with the Project Engineering Manager and Project Manager to assist with systems engineering activities associated with the design, build, installation, configuration and set to work of a range of ICT infrastructure and supporting peripherals;
- Support the Project Engineering Manager on additional complex project planning including engineering lifecycle elements of bid responses and client engagement;
- Undertake engineering work under a system lifecycle management framework and in accordance with the customer mandated technical regulatory framework;
- Undertake analysis and design of ICT/ network/ communications systems, generally using off the shelf equipment;
- Implement a range of ICT system solutions supporting third-party applications in Windows and Unix;
- Working knowledge of a range of infrastructure and application ICT technologies, including but not limited to:
- Windows and/or Unix Operating System software stacks;
- Relational Database technologies, implemented by products such as Sybase, SQL Server and/or Oracle;
- Virtualisation technologies implemented by products such as VMWare, RHEV and HyperV;
- A range of ICT tools and products including Microsoft Office suite, JIRA and SharePoint;
- Gateway system architecture and network protocols, systems and architectures;
- Working knowledge of a range of Email and internet technologies including SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, SSL and XML;
- Scripting and programming languages appropriate for current and future projects. (Note, this is not a programming role, but an awareness of the Software Development Lifecycle and related methods and tools would be advantageous).
Skills and Experience
To support the above duties, the System/ICT Engineer is expected to have the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Degree or equivalent in Systems or ICT Engineering.
- 10 years or more experience in systems or ICT engineering.
- Experience in working in complex ICT network systems
- Experience with systems engineering, and all stages of the engineering lifecycle
- Hold an Australian defence security clearance at a minimum level of Negative Vetting 2 (NV2)
- Ability to use and adapt high level written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of difference audiences which include external stakeholders.
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Susie Stuart on 02 9492 7517.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.