Our client is a world-class Defence Prime providing some of today's most advanced and innovative technology solutions to the ADF and other international defence forces, with over 500+ employees Australia wide and rapidly growing across a range of military focused projects, they are always looking to expand their team and help those create rewarding careers.
They are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineering Manager for their Maritime Defence business supporting a multi-million dollar defence ship-upgrade contract for the Royal Australian Navy. The role will be leading the requirements through to delivery and deployment of specialised military communications systems on-board Navy warships.
- Establishment and the execution of engineering strategies and associated planning for the project/s for both internal and subcontracted engineering activities iaw the Engineering Policy (000AAO003)
- This position will initially be expected to execute the engineering management of a number of Maritime projects, to be determined based on workload and priority.
- Responsible for the definition of the engineering aspects of the Project Work Breakdown Structure and responsibility assignment.
- Responsible for the preparation of estimates for engineering activities and equipment.
- Identification, monitoring and mitigation of technical risks.
- Ensure the project system baselines are maintained.
- Leadership of system analysis and design activities and provide guidance to systems engineers in the analysis of requirements, system design trade-offs, and allocation of requirements to subsystems or software and hardware configuration items.
- Being the primary point of contact for technical matters for the stakeholders, customer and end users, noting Maritime projects often have a relatively complex set of external stakeholders.
- Support the Project Manager for preparation and conduct of customer and technical reviews and audits.
- Preparation and conduct of internal technical reviews and audits.
- Documenting and presenting analysis results in support of project activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years Systems Engineering experience ideally within a Defence/Maritime environment
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering (communications, systems or similar ideal)
- Experience in Naval Combat Management systems or similar
- Demonstrated knowledge of the systems engineering life-cycle and all aspects involved
- Ability to lead staff and manage project performance and outcomes
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 12.5% super contributions
- Flexible working arrangements
If you think you match the above role, please apply in Word format.
Kinexus is Australia's No.1 Supplier of recruitment solutions to the Defence Industry for over 21+ years and counting across permanent and contract recruitment, with a team of ex-military and recruitment specialists ready to assist your next career move today!
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Pat Horwood on 03 9982 0310. #LI-PH
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.