Are you a Systems Safety Engineer looking for the next step in your career? We currently have a long term contract opportunity within a leading engineering company, located in either Adelaide or Brisbane. This is a key role that will have a direct influence on the outcomes for one of the most technologically advanced projects in Australia, if not the globe.
The successful applicant will be involved with a range of activities that will include the development and maintenance of Safety Plans and Safety Cases, preparation and review of Systems Engineering documentation, as well as the development and implementation of Safety Critical processes. An important part of this role is enhancing the overall Systems Safety Engineering capability of the business.
- Technical authorisation of engineering work in the area of systems safety and certification.
- Investigating and resolving System Safety & Certification related technical issues
- Provide technical advice for safety engineering activities and methodologies
- Development and maintenance of Safety Plans & Safety Cases
- Participate in professional development to gain and maintain Chartered Engineering Status
- Ability to work autonomously within delegated authority
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team members
Required Skills & Experience's:
- Degree level qualifications in; Safety, Electronic, Electrical or Relevant discipline
- Meet or working towards Chartered Engineering status
- Traceable experience working across the full systems engineering lifecycle
- Working knowledge of System Safety in accordance with MIL-STD-882, WHS legislation and Defence/CASG Policies
- Experience in the development and management of technical systems and engineering artefacts
- Applicants must be ITAR Compliant
- Applicants must hold an active or reinstatable NV1 Security Clearance
Ideally you will possess demonstrable knowledge of Safety Management Systems and experience with Systems Safety in accordance with MIL-STD-882C, SAE ARP 4754, RCTA DO-178B, or equivalent standards such as IEC 61508 or similar.
Due to the diverse nature of this specialist team, applicants with a strong Systems Engineering background but limited experience in Systems Safety are encouraged to apply.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 08 8432 0492 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TG
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.