Systems Safety Engineer
We are working with a well-known Defence maritime organization who are running significant operations within the Australian and international Defence industries. Our client are seeking an experienced Systems Safety Engineer to take the lead on a well-known project based out in Sydney.
- Be the lead SME for all safety aspects associated with detailed design packages.
- Review and approval of Safety Case Reports / Safety Risk Assessments.
- Provide the CoA input and consideration for the ships safety case.
- Integrate with the engineering team to determine and flag early safety considerations in the design development.
- Coordinate and facilitate hazard and risk assessment workshops
- Coordinate people/stakeholders and lead Task Engineers through the production of Safety Case Reports
- Write up risks assessments in accordance with DEF AUST standards.
- Develop an internal process/system for identifying hazards
- Develop a process/methodology for the development of Safety Case Reports in-line with the CoA's Framework
- A minimum of a Bachelors of Engineering in a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant Systems Safety engineering preferably within the Defence industry with a strong preference for naval experience.
- Standout candidates from a heavy engineering environments such as the rail, commercial maritime and commercial aviation.
- Australian citizenship or an active or re-insatiable Security clearance.
If you are interested in this position please contact Richard at Kinexus on 0294927538 for a confidential chat or alternatively please apply online and I will be in touch.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Richard Mauree on 02 9492 7538 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-RM
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.