Systems Safety Engineers - Our country needs you!
- The safety of Defence industry products is in your hands
- Demand for your skills are necessary and growing
- Register with Kinexus today to discover real career opportunities
- Vehicles, Weapons, Munitions, and Explosives - lives depend on you!
Our clients are trusted partners to the ADF and are major Defence companies working on Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection. And, they need people who can help to deliver safe system solutions and safe capability throughout the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment. For example, think leading edge, new facilities, large-scale projects.
This is your opportunity to influence the next generation of Systems Safety. It's time to step up and be an industry leader, grow your expertise and be the standard others will follow.
What is the industry looking for?
Our clients are looking for System Safety Engineers who can provide specialist expertise to assure safety and conformance. You need to be prepared to
- Provide Product Safety for development programmes, assuring compliance with Product Safety processes
- Provide specialist advice with respect to safety and legal compliance
- Establish, track and trace safety-related requirements
- Consult on projects regarding the implementation of safety goals
- Create Safety artefacts like System Safety Program Plans and Safety Case Reports
- Collaborate with project teams to guide them to developing safe and legally compliant products
- Contribute to improving Product Safety Management System, Policies and processes including; and
- Contributing to Safety Culture initiatives
The experience and skillset best suited to this career path includes;
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering
- Experience in military vehicle or automotive Safety Engineering
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-882 and IEC61508
- Experience applying Product/System safety assurance across the whole product lifecycle
- Previous experience liaising with National Authorities and international customers
- Experience in the development/review/management of Defence Product Safety Cases and design justifications
- Technical knowledge of weapons, sensors, C4I and combat systems within a defence domain
- Experience in the regulatory certification of Weapons, Ordnance, Munitions, and Explosives (NATO/National level)
- Be an Australian Citizen and eligible for a Security Clearance
What's on offer?
Word on the street is that there are not enough Systems Safety Engineers available in Australia. That means our clients are working hard to enable you to be the best Systems Safety Engineer you can be - because everyone benefits!
If you're open to discussing opportunities, register today. I'm looking forward to finding out what is on your wish list!
- Career development and further training
- Global community of experts and best practice
- Major Defence projects
- Attractive Remuneration packages
- Flexibility in workplace options
- Corporate discounts
- Wellbeing support, especially managing a world with Covid
- Inclusive cultures
- Veteran support and encouragement
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Kylie Doon on 08 7523 9836 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-KD
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.