Our client is looking for a System Safety Manager, based on the nature of the requirements of the task, a Defence project background is desirable (but not essential) to enable sufficient understanding of the end-to-end project reporting requirements.
The fast paced and complex environment demands for a forward leaning, proactive and flexible outlook with the drive and strategic presence to drive projects through to completion.
You will communicate and engage stakeholders, plan, lead, develop, integrate, manage, and evaluate Defence capability to deliver specific engineering and non-engineering aspects and develop and implement recommendations and advice.
- Evaluating technical and design packages for any Australian Capability, Role and Environment (CRE) effects.
- Maintaining the hazard log
- Conducting regular System Safety Working Groups
- Engaging with the System Safety Program Integrated Program team (IPT) personnel to ensure communication flow is two way, continuous and open
- Assessing new acquisition risks, Major Variance Requests (MVRs)
- Supporting new software data loads (SDL) for compliance/non-compliance against the Type certification basis
- Supporting personal in any system safety related airworthiness issues
- Updating Airworthiness issue papers
- Supporting the Continues Airworthiness Management Organisation (CAMO) with any safety related technical/support issue
- Leading and ensuring safety aspects of Defence materiel systems are considered and briefed to stakeholders for retention of risk
The System Safety Manager will have the expertise and in-depth knowledge of:
- System safety engineering principles
- Techniques and tools
- Management of risks in the context of aviation safety regulation
- Australian work health and safety legislation
- 5-10 years hands on aircraft experience
- Formal system safety training
- System safety program experience
- NV1 Security Clearance and ITAR compliance
- Experience with interpreting DASA regulations in a Lean SPO environment.
- Understanding of the WH&S ACT and DASA's interpretation of managing hazards in this environment.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. Here at Kinexus we work closely with a wide array of companies in many locations throughout Australia from the large Prime Contractors, through to specialist Consulting Companies. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Lee Pfeiffer on 0402 913 559 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-LP
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.