A premium Defence client is looking to engage a talented and technical Project Manager. As the PM on this critial project, you will provide leadership of the project which will involve multiple internal as well as external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the outcome of the project, including cost, schedule, scope, quality, customer satisfaction and any other project objectives as defined in the Contract/Project Directive.
Further responsibilities include:
- Definition, management, and ownership of the scope of work, including schedule, cost and quality outcomes for the project Provide leadership, direction and delegation to the Project Management Team, as required.
- Development of the project approach to achieve project and corporate outcomes as per Contract/Project Directive, including identification of opportunity in order to maximise outcomes.
- Prepare, monitor and revise project plans, estimates, cost accounts and schedules for the project to meet the objectives set by the Contract/Project Directive.
- Assess risk related to the project.
- Lead and present status at Steering Committee Meetings, Gate Reviews, Customer Reviews and Progress Meetings.
- Manage Contract Variations and scope change.
- Develop and maintain knowledge on the use of the solution.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders.
- Maintain the company resource data reflecting the number and types of resources required to complete the project and the timeframes in which they are required.
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, safety and duty of care and the quality management system
- Experience meeting the requirement of the competency level as per above.
- Understanding of best practice Project Management.
- Understanding of Agile methods.
- Experience in the leadership of systems and software intensive projects.
- Experience in Cost Schedule System Reporting (CSSR) or related Earned Value Management system.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 18 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Danny Fleming on 02 9492 7510 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.