Kinexus is seeking junior and senior Technical Writers for Defence projects in Sydney with an exceptional maritime organisation. This is a permanent opportunity to develop your skills for engineering capability and platform enhancements in the Defence maritime environment. The technical writer will review/update ships documentation to enable quoting and execution of maintenance activities as well as liaising with shipboard staff and maintenance planners. Naval personnel with a technical background highly encouraged to apply.
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders to identify and analyse documentation needs.
- Identifying, writing and editing technical and non-technical content for customer-friendly product documentation in a timely manner.
- Testing/review & evaluation of documents to ensure fit for purpose.
- Working within the program management team, you will collaborate closely with engineers, to ensure documentation is comprehensive and accurate to meet clients' needs.
- Author new technical documents (predominantly maintenance work instructions) to enable quoting and execution of maintenance tasks.
- Ability to translate complex and technical information into clear, concise and everyday language that customers can understand.
- Ability to speak, present and write in English fluently.
- Understanding of trade safety concepts such as RADHAZ, Working at Heights, Confined Spaces, High Voltage work etc.
- Have demonstrated high attention to detail including spelling and grammar.
- Competent in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher).
- Background in trade or technical discipline in the Naval/Defence environment.
- Must be an Australian citizen eligible for Defence Security Clearance.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Nicholas Keltchine on 02 9492 7526 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-NK
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.