Our client is a leader in providing specialist engineering solutions to enhance Defence capabilities. We are currently seeking a Transition Manager to work with the ILS Manager and Senior Project Manager to plan and document the transition from acquisition to sustainment activities.
The successful applicant will be accountable to plan the product schedule transition, and plan, lead and manage the resources for the sustainment products, across multiple funding streams. The position will also be responsible for development, training, and knowledge enhancement of a subordinate team of employees.
- Develop the Acquisition Transition Plan and ensure the transition activities between the Contractor and the CoA are meeting the requirements to ensure a compliant transition to Sustainment.
- Set work area priorities, manage workflows, develop strategies, and implement business outcomes.
- Accountable for accurate completion of work within timeframes and quality requirements.
- Clear and consistent communication with all stakeholders, managing expectations of work outcomes and timeframes.
- Translate, apply, and implement the administrative, operational, contract management, technical and resource requirements for complex product management activities.
- Ensure governance and assurance activities are met, with regular engagement with team and programs.
- Provide ILS advice to the Program and Sustainment Management Offices within the SPO.
- Prepare correspondence, briefs, and reports as required including submissions and documents.
- Input into program schedules, milestones and assessing risk and identifying issues and concerns.
- Management and mentoring of team resources.
SKILLS & EXPERINECE NEEDED
- Tertiary qualifications (degree or higher) in a related field.
- Strong Product (acquisition and/or sustainment) Management experience.
- Experience working in a Systems Program Office environment.
- A strong background and experience in large and complex programs.
- Strong understanding of the Defence sector along with commercial management experience.
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Candidates must have a NV1 Defence security clearance and be ITAR compliant.
- Excellent career progression & development
- Ability to work on state-of-the-art technology
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic working environment
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Toby Wright on 08 7226 6579 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TW
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.